Sunday, March 30, 2014

We bought a house

Stuart is still not sure about this moving business, if too many
people visit at once he thinks we are moving again
I know I have been absent and quiet recently. The thing is we just purchased a home!! It's our first and we are so excited, so glad to not be renting! We've been looking since December and have known we wanted this house since January. It's all a long process. Last weekend we bribed our friends and family with food and beer and they helped us move out. We are about 25 minutes from the house we had been living in for the last 5 years. It's about 2 miles from the house I grew up in and 2.5 minutes from my where my parents live now. We've been unpacking and cleaning and trying to make it our own. We haven't put stuff on the walls and are planning to paint when and if it ever warms up here in VT. Winter can't last forever right?
Stuart was not a fan of moving, he clawed, hissed and growled at everyone. He doesn't really like anyone but us. However he seems to be settling in when he's not destroying my plant (which he's never done before).
**edited, it's a week later, I never posted this because I wanted to add pictures and I needed to take them, which I did and never went back to the post to add them and publish.  Week two in our new house, has been busy, unpacking, cleaning, I had to go to a two day training for work, it was my birthday....
Stuart in my car, on the way to the new house


Beautiful wall hanging made of horseshoes by Kirstyn

My kitchen

Living room


Entryway

office/bookshelf


Spare room

View from wrap around deck (hurry up and melt snow!)

Inspiring bib holder made by Kelli


There are the few pictures I have.  We plan to paint when it gets warmer and we can decided what colors we want.  Hopefully life slows down a little and I blog more..

4 comments:

  1. How nice that you live so close to your parents. I bet they love that. I love that wall hanging and bib holder. I love that your refrigerator is already so covered - a sure sign of a home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the new house!! congrats to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a busy moving day...I can't wait for the painting party! Stuart should love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! It looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete