Thursday, March 13, 2014

Three Things Thursday

Dreaming of warmer weather
1. After one full week of work last week, I put in a good 2 days this week, two snow days (thank you 2 feet of snow, please melt soon) and a personal day tomorrow, I have a 5 day weekend.  Speaking of snow (I'd rather not) I'm so done with it.  I do not want anymore.  I want warm and spring.  
We are in the lovely purple 12-24 range

2.  The last few books I've read.  
Rules of Civility, by Amor Towles.  This was our book club book.  I liked, but not loved it.  I do like that often in book club, I read books that I wouldn't have normally chose to read.  This book took place in the 1930's in NYC, both a time and place that I am not that familiar with.  As always, book club provided fantastic conversation, friends, food and wine.
Perfect Family, by Pam Lewis.  This book was alright, I could have lived without reading it.  I only finished it because 1. i hate not finishing books, and 2.  i wanted to know who did it, because I wasn't smart enough to figure it out.  Don't go out of your way to read this book.
The First Day of the Rest of my Life, by Cathy Lamb. LOVED IT!
And currently reading This is Where I leave you, by Jonathan Tropper.   So far I'm liking....

3. I'm glad I don't work from home.  I have a hard time being productive.  I do much better having to leave the house to work, when I'm home, I want to do what I want to do.  Also, I was talking to my mom this morning (she works from home) and you don't get snow days when  you work from home, plus I think it would be hard to be a school counselor when you work from home.

How Stuart spends snow days everyday


2 comments:

  1. Yeah. I am so over winter and snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, enough already. Working at home has its advantages, but I agree, it's hard to keep a structure.

    ReplyDelete