2. Chemo #5 today, it was at the other office as my doctor was away and I had to see someone else in his practice. I still have the fab Wendy to infuse the chemo and make me laugh. Tracy picked me up, drove me there and hung out with me, and took me to lunch after. It was great to catch up, even if I was sitting in the chair getting chemo. Having people there to chat with make the time go by faster. Another girlfriend Michele, dropped by with a Vanilla Latte for me and chatted for a while. After chemo I came home did some paperwork, watched some tv, ate dinner, more tv and caught up on blog reading.
3. My brave friend Erica had her surgery yesterday. She is home resting. She signed up for the Young Survivor Coalition 200 mile bike ride. She is forming a team and taking donations. I offered to make a donation, uhh I don't ride bikes. I do like spin classes tho..
4. One of my BFFs is coming to visit tomorrow and stay over night. I am so very excited to see Pamela and have a girls night. You know how I love girls nights.
5. I signed up for a 15K in July. I've never done a 15K so automatic PR. Its The Biggest Loser run walk and it's in Vermont. I'm super excited.
6. I have to say again that I have wonderful family and friends who have gone out of their way to do something to make my day brighter, a call from a friend who was thinking of me and went for a 5 mile run on this 5th chemo treatment day, who have brought dinners both hot/ready to eat and able to freeze for later, cards that come regularly and randomly, little packages with treats, treats from the spa, gift certificates for dinner, beautiful pandora beads, flowers, lunch, chats, friends who read your rants on social media and make calls and send emails for you I could go on and on... I am just so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family.
7. A photo dump from the past week.
|A new breast cancer bead|
|flowers from Sara|
|Yup I got it|
|Thank you Courtney!!|
|Stuart was glad to have us home|
|Isn't he so handsome?|
|I couldn't resist|
|2 runs in 5 days = 4.25 miles |
(baby steps here)
|Enjoying my Pink and hanging in the John Deere|